The Research and Economic Development Office recommends Pivot. Pivot includes all academic
disciplines including Arts, Humanities, Engineering, Education,
Business, and Medicine. It includes foundation opportunities as
well as federal funding agencies.
A - Features of Pivot are:
- Searching for grant opportunities by keyword or agency.
- After you have done a search, you can save it to get email
alerts when new opportunities are announced that match the search
- Searching for grant opportunities that match your profile. For
most faculty, there will already be a profile created from publicly
available data such as publications and grants. Instead of typing
keywords, Pivot finds opportunities related to your
- For a grant opportunity, finding faculty at UCR that might
apply or be interested in collaborating by matching their
B - Accessing the Pivot
- Go to: https://pivot.cos.com/register
and you will be presented with a page to register.
- Complete the information on this page.
You are creating the password at this time.
Note: You will need to select the Affiliated Member Institution in
the drop down box
- Click "Create My Account"
You will receive a verification email at the address entered in
the account creation process which will include a link to
Pivot. Your email address and the password you entered
during account creation will be your Pivot username and
- Start using Pivot.
Note: There is an additional step to "claim" your profile, but it
is not required to use the system.
C - Claiming Your Profile:
- Log in to Pivot.
- In the upper right-hand corner, your name is displayed. Click
the Claim profile link.
- A list of potential profile matches (from within UCR) may be
- Locate your profile from the results list; click the
"This is me" button to the right of the profile
- After clicking on the "This is me" button, a
message will be displayed informing you that you that a new window
will be opening to complete the profile claim process.
- You will then be asked to confirm whether or not you still have
access to the email address listed on your Pivot profile.
- If you confirm that you still have access to the email on your
profile, you will receive verification email to that address that
will link your profile to your account and will grant you access to
update your profile.
- If you do not have a profile, please send an email to Charles.email@example.com
requesting a Pivot profile be established for you.
Note: This generally takes about 4 weeks as Pivot will
search for your publicly available information to build the
Benefits of claiming your profile: it makes funding
opportunity recommendations for you based on your profile and your
profile information can be updated.