The Research and Economic Development Office recommends:
Pivot includes all academic disciplines including Arts, Humanities, Engineering, Education, Business, and Medicine. It includes foundation opportunities as well as federal funding agencies.
A - Features of Pivot are:
- Searching for grant opportunities by keyword or agency.
- After you have done a search, you can save it to get email alerts when new opportunities are announced that match the search criteria,
- Searching for grant opportunities that match your profile. For most faculty, there will already be a profile created from publicly available data such as publications and grants. Instead of typing keywords, Pivot finds opportunities related to your publications.
- For a grant opportunity, finding faculty at UCR that might apply or be interested in collaborating by matching their profile
B - Accessing the Pivot website:
- Go to: https://pivot.proquest.com/register and you will be presented with a page to register.
- Complete the information on this page.
You are creating the password at this time.
Note: You will need to select the Affiliated Member Institution in the drop down box
- Click "Create My Account"
You will receive a verification email at the address entered in the account creation process which will include a link to Pivot. Your email address and the password you entered during account creation will be your Pivot username and password.
- Start using Pivot.
Note: There is an additional step to "claim" your profile, but it is not required to use the system.
C - Claiming Your Profile:
- Log in to Pivot.
- In the upper right-hand corner, your name is displayed. Click the Claim profile link.
- A list of potential profile matches (from within UCR) may be displayed.
- Locate your profile from the results list; click the "This is me" button to the right of the profile name.
- After clicking on the "This is me" button, a message will be displayed informing you that you that a new window will be opening to complete the profile claim process.
- You will then be asked to confirm whether or not you still have access to the email address listed on your Pivot profile.
- If you confirm that you still have access to the email on your profile, you will receive verification email to that address that will link your profile to your account and will grant you access to update your profile.
- If you do not have a profile, please send an email to Charles.firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a Pivot profile be established for you.
Note: This generally takes about 4 weeks as Pivot will search for your publicly available information to build the profile.
Benefits of claiming your profile: it makes funding opportunity recommendations for you based on your profile and your profile information can be updated.