Research Integrity Forms
- RED Home
- About Research Integrity
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Institutional Registration and Accreditation Numbers
- Staff Duties/Contacts
This page contains forms and applications to be submitted to UCR's research committees. For links to supplementary information that may be useful to researchers and committee members, please visit the Resources Page.
Some of our committees have begun using Kuali's online applications to help streamline the management of research protocols. For details and training resources related to Kuali, visit UCR's Kuali Research Page.
For forms related to specific research committees, see the sections below .
Institutional Review Board
For new submissions, please access UCR's Kuali Protocol Page. You should access UCR’s Kuali Protocol Page for submission of the following:
- To create and submit a new application to the IRB for review.
- Submit an amendment for requesting changes to approved IRB applications.
- Submit a request for renewal to keep the study active.
- Submit a request to retire or close a study.
- Provide an Event Report to notify the IRB of reportable events (e.g., non-compliance, unanticipated problems, protocol deviations) within 10 working days of discovery.
- Submit a Determination of Activity request to assess what kind of review or information will be required; helps the ORI assess whether an activity is 'human subjects research' according to federal regulations.
For additional information regarding the transition to Kuali IRB protocols and available training opportunities, please visit: https://research.ucr.edu/kuali-research. This site will be continually updated with IRB information and resources as they become available. You can also reach out to the IRB for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Relevant Forms for Researchers
- HIPAA Authorization Form
- HIPAA Waiver Form
- UCR Administrative Review for Human Research Studies Being Conducted by Non-UCR Principal Investigators Accessing UCR Facilities, Patients or Personnel
- Riverside Unified School District - Research Instructions
- Certificate of Translation Form - used to certify the accuracy of translation for non-English participant materials (e.g., informed consent, recruitment, measures, etc.)
- Researchers and committee members can find more information in the IRB section of the ORI Resources Page.
These forms are now intended as reference materials, as all new applications, amendment requests, etc., should be submitted via UCR's Kuali Protocol Page. If your application, amendment request, etc., was submitted prior the Kuali go live date and is still “pending”, you may need to reference/use these materials. Please contact IRB personnel at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Previous IRB Application and Roster Form:
- IRB Application form - submit this form, adding the Project Roster and all relevant information as appendices
- Project Roster - required appendix for IRB Application, used to identify all research personnel associated with a project
Previous Forms for Continuing Review:
- Amendment request form - Used for requesting changes to approved IRB applications. Please note: changes to the Project Roster ONLY do not require submission of the Amendment request form. Email firstname.lastname@example.org directly with project roster changes.
- Continuing review/closure form
- Event Report Form - used to notify the IRB of reportable events (e.g., non-compliance, unanticipated problems, protocol deviations) within 10 working days of discovery. NOTE: Emergency protocol deviations as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak can be reported to the IRB after the hazard has passed. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
- Determination of Activity Form - used to assess what kind of review or information will be required; helps the ORI assess whether an activity is 'human subjects research' according to federal regulations - Students may not submit their own Determinations. Instead, these forms should be submitted by UCR faculty advisors/researchers.
Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
Access UCR's Kuali Protocol Page to create or edit an Animal Use Protocol (AUP).
Additional Protocol Related Forms
- Vehicle Inspection Form
- Animal Transport SOP Template
- Satellite Facility Husbandry SOP Template
- Appendix A: Hazardous Materials Information
- Survival Surgery Record
- Researchers and committee members can find more information in the IACUC section of the ORI Resources Page.
Promoting Research Objectivity (PRO) committee (formerly COI)
- Federal Forms
- Public Health Service (PHS) Forms
- Financial Disclosure for PHS-Funded Research (Form 500)
- Financial Disclosure Appendix for PHS-Funded Research (Form 510)
- Financial Disclosure Addendum for PHS-Funded Research (Form 520)
- PHS Travel Update (Form 515)
- Financial Disclosure for DOE-Funded Research (Form DOE 500)
- Financial Disclosure Appendix for DOE-Funded Research (Form DOE 510)
- Financial Disclosure Addendum for DOE-Funded Research (Form DOE 520)
DOE Travel Update (Form DOE 515) - coming soon
- Public Health Service (PHS) Forms
- State Forms
- State of California PI's Statement of Economic Interests (Form 700-U)
- UCR COI Addendum for Positive 700-U and/or NSF 925 (submit if either 700-U or 925 is positive)
- Researchers and committee members can find more information in the PRO section of the ORI Resources Page.
- Federal Forms
Stem Cell Research Oversight Committee (SCRO)
Submit these forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SCUA Amendments
- Researchers and committee members can find more information in the SCRO section of the ORI Resources Page.
- Dual Use Research of Concern (DURC)