National Science Foundation (NSF) FastLane
Contract and Grant Lifecycle
- Roles and Responsibilities Matrix
- Proposal Preparation / Submission
- Preaward Administration
- Award Negotiation and Setup
- Post-Award Administration
- Outgoing Subawards
- Electronic Research Administration
- Export Controls
- Foreign Engagement
- Ethical and Responsible Conduct of Research
- NASA Restrictions on Funding Activity with China
- NSF Broader Impacts Criterion
- Material Transfer Agreements
- Data Management Resources
- Clinical Trials
- Pamis (Including eCAF)
- Reports (Annual, On Demand)
- Research Administrators INC
- Staff Directory
- Uniform Guidance
The National Science Foundation's electronic research administration system is called FastLane. The purpose of FastLane is to experiment with ways to use the World Wide Web to facilitate business transactions and the exchange of information between the National Science Foundation and its client community including researchers, reviewers, research administrators, and others doing business with NSF. To access FastLane, please visit https://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/fastlane.jsp.
Functionality Available to UCR Investigators
Most business functions related to extramural awards from NSF have been made available in the FastLane system. These include proposal preparation and submission, project status, project reporting, submitting notifications and requests, and peer review actions.
NSF also provides a demonstration site where users can try the capabilities of FastLane in a sample environment. The demonstration site can be found at https://www.fldemo.nsf.gov/.
Contact your department technical staff for assistance. FastLane requires use of an internet connection and a qualified web browser, such as Internet Explorer 4.0 (or later) or Netscape 3.0.
All UCR investigators with active awards from NSF, or who have submitted a proposal to NSF through UCR, appear as UCR investigators in the FastLane database. If you have never submitted a proposal to NSF, or have not submitted a proposal to NSF through UCR, or have submitted an NSF proposal through another institution, the NSF database will need to be updated to reflect your employment with UCR.
NSF Provided Assistance
FastLane User Support
(800) 437-7408 (FastLane Availability Recording)
Email User Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
Broader Impacts - Outside Links
- Broader impacts criterion - University of North Texas